<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day 2007 

Two quotes from George Orwell that I believe:

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

War is evil, but it is often the lesser evil.


I am a member of the Mississippi Army National Guard. I serve in the 114th Military Police Company. If my unit is called, I will go and perform whatever duties are necessary. To me, that is the noblest calling of our time. I serve with a motley crew. Individually, you would not recognize the men and women I serve with as heroes. Banded together and executing a mission, they are the most capable military force in the history of our world.

We would rather fight over there than from our homes. Think about the second quote above. If I have to explain to you all of the benefits of military intervention by the US including the current war in Iraq, then you need to become a student of history. I suggest you read any of the works of Victor Davis Hanson with an open mind. He changed my view of Sherman's March to the Sea with his detailed writing in The Soul of Battle.

Hug a veteran. Heck, if you really like them, go crazy. Have a good time. You can. And we will fight to ensure that is possible. Think about the first quote above

Labels: ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com