<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Keep children out of politics 

Dennis Prager has an interesting analysis of the recent Democratic Convention. His focus is the speech given by Ilana Wexler, a 12 year-old from Oakland.

I have to admit that I get most of my political news from the reading. What political news I watch is on the The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. When I saw this young girl addressing the convention, I got angry quick. Why bring a child on stage? It is exactly as Mr. Prager explains. A child can say something that adults cannot and get away with it. A child is precocious. A child is innocent. You cannot blame a child. Well...

The adults in that room were cowards for hiding behind a child.

And children should not be used as political pawns. Ever.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com